Connect Charter School
Preparing our students as extraordinary citizens.
The Connect Charter School, previously named Calgary Science School, is a public Charter school located in Calgary, Alberta Canada that was established in 1999.
The pillars of the Calgary Science School charter highlight the emphasis in the school on:
- Promoting exemplary learning, teaching and leading through a disposition of inquiry. (2) Enhancing learning and teaching through the appropriate and effective use of technology and maintain an intentional, authentic and innovative perspective in the use of technology.
- Engaging students in meaningful, real-life learning activities in a variety of rich learning environments, with a focus on mind, body, emotions, creative spirit and ethical citizenship.
- Providing environmental, outdoor and global education learning opportunities for students to experience and appreciate the world outside of the classroom and to develop social, leadership and stewardship skills.
- Fostering a culture of collaboration and caring relationships of mutual respect with students, staff members and parents sharing a passion for learning; together and from others, in the classroom, within the school and beyond.
- Nurturing thriving classrooms and other learning environments where teachers are informed by research and where students and teachers explore and develop deep understanding as active researchers.
Announcements / Notices:
This fall we are fortunate to have parent and photographer Neil Zeller working with us on a fundraiser in support of our outdoor education program, specifically replacing and increasing the school’s inventory of tents and other equipment.
Neil has done a photo session with each grade, so all students in the school will be included in this 12-month calendar. This calendar will have handy school dates, including holidays and PD days, and will celebrate our school and our students.
These calendars will be available to view and purchase at Parent-Teacher conferences on October 5 (4-8 pm) and October 6 (8 am-noon). Cost: $20 (cash or cheque only).
You can also download the information sheet here.
Help us buy a bus!
We are currently raising money to support the EXPO initiative. Click here to see how you can help.
Click this link to learn about the Baillie Family Scholarship for pre-service teachers.