Connect Charter School
Preparing our students as extraordinary citizens.
The Connect Charter School, previously named Calgary Science School, is a public Charter school located in Calgary, Alberta Canada that was established in 1999.
The pillars of the Calgary Science School charter highlight the emphasis in the school on:
- Promoting exemplary learning, teaching and leading through a disposition of inquiry. (2) Enhancing learning and teaching through the appropriate and effective use of technology and maintain an intentional, authentic and innovative perspective in the use of technology.
- Engaging students in meaningful, real-life learning activities in a variety of rich learning environments, with a focus on mind, body, emotions, creative spirit and ethical citizenship.
- Providing environmental, outdoor and global education learning opportunities for students to experience and appreciate the world outside of the classroom and to develop social, leadership and stewardship skills.
- Fostering a culture of collaboration and caring relationships of mutual respect with students, staff members and parents sharing a passion for learning; together and from others, in the classroom, within the school and beyond.
- Nurturing thriving classrooms and other learning environments where teachers are informed by research and where students and teachers explore and develop deep understanding as active researchers.
Announcements / Notices:
September 15 Waitlist 2021 Opens
Online waitlist registration for grade 4 2021 will open at 8:00am September 15, 2017. You can get started by creating an account and providing some basic demographic information to save some time on the 15th.
Click here to download instructions.
October 5 & 6 Parent-Teacher Interviews
Click here for more info.
Help us buy a bus!
We are currently raising money to support the EXPO initiative. Click here to see how you can help.
Click this link to learn about the Baillie Family Scholarship for pre-service teachers.